Cheap vs Expensive Diesel Heaters

Safer than “any other type of portable heater or campstove” ?
Too bad you can’t post any pictures. I’m hard pressed to find a human being in a civilized country that has no access to any kind of camera.
To each his own but I have to agree with Tedski on this one.

Happy Trails!

I’ll make only a few short comments. First it appears you live on this website. Last night I noticed your “handle” answering almost every post on almost every topic. Your responses are in the hundreds. You must spend the majority of your daylight hours writing responses.

Unfortunately upon reading some of your other responses I found you make statements which are in noway substaciated with any facts and as this one also totally wrong.

IE Let’s look at you last response to me. You state vehicles typically hold heat. Your vehicle is a big hunk of steel. It has an R value of 0 and transmits cold excellently. The only insulation in your vehicle is a thin piece of foam under you floor carpet and some on your firewall. Your widows have an R value of about 2? If you insulate your whole van, including every window, which you haven’t, the best you’ll achieve is about R 7. Remember with your windows open and having nothing on your windows your’s is probably at R 4. Homeless people don’t sleep in cars, they sleep on the street. Know why? It’s warmer. Now did you look up on the internet the number of BTU’s produced from a candle? Obviously you didn’t? When you do please send me the info to support your claim 10 candles is “easily doable” at -40F or even - 20.

I have no idea what all the rest of your response is supposed to mean but, as I suggested in our first correspondence, your heating method is totally unsupported and is beyond dangerous. I think you need to find a different place to park? Please feel free not to respond. HAGD

1 Like

Van_Dweller, I notice in your picture you have the included diesel tank inside your van. Is this a common place for installation of the tank. I trying to decide if I want to mount it inside or outside in some sort of metal box.

Good to know for future! I had consider the cheap Chinese one but went with a free propane furnace offered to me. It’s 30 years old so it will need replacing at some point. Thanks for posting!

Greetings & Belated Welcome!

Sorry I missed your post, I’ve been offline for about a month.

That picture wasn’t mine, it was @DodgeLife I believe.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller